From the 1880’s until 1939, the castle was bought & sold numerous times. In 1939, a radio engineer named Herbert Lee Wilson, came to Vermont. He was a pioneer in the AM radio field and built radio stations all over the world. He was looking for a new location to build another station and a summer home for his family. He bought the castle & installed radio station WHWB in the old stable, which remained in operation until just recently.
When America joined WWII in 1941, Herbert Wilson joined the Army Signal Corps, from which he retired in the 1950’s as rank of Colonel. He retired to the castle, and in 1962, opened it for tours. He passed away in 1981 at the age of 82 and left the estate to his daughter, Blossom Wilson Davine Ladabouche. Blossom passed in 2010 and currently her daughter Denise Davine is the owner/operator.